The Governing Body are the strategic planners of the college. In order to do this a governing body:
- has an operational manager (the Head Teacher) who is responsible for the day to day management of the College
- agrees policies and practice which allows the Head Teacher the necessary tools to carry out her responsibilities
- agrees principles and targets for improvement
- monitors and evaluates school policies
- acts as the critical friend of the College and Head Teacher
- receives and discusses reports on the resulting practice and conduct of the College
- reviews its own working practices
Decisions of the governing body are made in formal meetings with the Full Governing Body or committees.
For further information, please use the links to the left of this page.
Tel: 01256 868600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Claire Birtles, clerk to the Governing Body)