We are very keen to ensure that we are aware of all of our students who are eligible for free school meals.
Families who are in receipt of the following benefits are able to claim free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Regretfully, due to financial constraints, Hampshire County Council will no longer be providing secondary school uniform grants for the 2015/2016 academic year onwards.
Occasionally Central Governments and the Local Authority make us aware of benefits available to students who qualify for free school meals , for example in the past there has been the offer of a free laptop for students.
We are anxious that we are able to make all of those who qualify, aware of any future benefits that we are informed of. Therefore should this apply to you, could we ask that you please telephone your child’s College Parent Partner to make us aware, so that we can be sure that our records are complete.
All information provided to us will be handled in the strictest confidence. It is of course entirely your decision as to whether your child takes up their free school meal entitlement.
For more information please contact Mrs Crosby at CBEC on 01256 868616.